COVID 19 Protocol
Join us. Stay safe.
• Vaccine Passports are required for guests above the age of 12, providing proof of double vaccination.
• Masks are required in all indoor spaces and common areas with the exception of in the pool and hot tub or when doing activities that cannot be performed while wearing a mask, like participating in high-intensity physical activity. Masks are not required while sleeping.
• On-Site Staff will wear masks indoors at all times and outdoors when they are within 6 feet of guests
• Hand Sanitization Stations are available throughout the grounds.
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all communal spaces, shared items and frequently touched surfaces at the ranch.
• The dining hall will be sanitized at the end of each group and left with increased ventilation.
• The dorms and restrooms used by guests are disinfected at the end of each group and left with increased ventilation
Adapted from the anti-oppression network, and modified to fit this retreat.
Inequality exists everywhere (whether we like it or not), even in Black spaces. Gender identity and expression, orientation, dis/abilities, ethnicity/ethnic heritage, skin colour, age, size, class, and citizenship status are some of the more obvious examples of how people can experience marginalization.
Attendees agree to lessen the negative effects of as many of these oppressive ideologies as possible, because they are all interconnected and relevant to our inner work. This is done through a commitment to learning and unlearning through workshops, group chats, and collaborations.
Here are the community agreements.
Assume the people around you have good intentions, and arrive with good intentions yourself. People are learning and unlearning simultaneously. People may be neurodivergent. Be compassionate, offer grace, and be accountable for the impact of your words and actions.
•Treat others as THEY want to be treated. Use the pronouns people ask you to use. If you misgender someone, apologize and use the correct pronouns.
No shaming or belittling the bodies, thoughts, or experiences of others.
Consent, always. Anything less than a yes is a no. Check in with others before assuming they want your advice, hugs, physical touch, or photos taken etc.
Use non-violent language if conflicts arise. Seek meaningful and inclusive mediation to resolve conflicts where necessary.
Use "I" statements. Speak from your own experience rather than making generalized statements.
Confidentiality: Share the lessons learned; names and identifiers remain at the retreat.
Self-care is a priority: Take breaks when needed. Say yes and no when you mean it. Assert healthy boundaries.
Clean up after yourself. Dormitories are shared, respect the space of others.
Help keep the space as accessible as possible by refraining from using fragranced/scented products during this retreat
DO NOT attend this event if you are feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of COVID-19. Wash hands regularly.
Respect the land. This is someone's home. You are a guest. This is the traditional territory of the S’ólh Téméxw (Stó:lō) and Kwantlen Peoples.
No alcohol, drugs (including cannabis), tobacco or vape products are permitted on site at any time.
If it doesn't belong to you, don't touch or remove it. Leave valuable items at home. Guests are encouraged to store personal belongings securely in their locked vehicles during the retreat. Dark Before The Dawn cannot be held responisble for lost or stolen items.
This is a shared space. We are building a community of care, and we will practice social responsibility together: Every attendee will be responsible for the maintenance of this space and will be required to sign up for a community responsibility list. These tasks include sweeping, tidying up after meals, child supervision, disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, and maintaining the cleanliness of the washrooms and communal areas.
Lastly, due to fluctuations in guidelines regarding COVID-19, we cannot guarantee any particular facilitator. Sick attendees or facilitators will be asked to remain home from the event.